|Letter for my cousin Rebecca on fancy-pants super-cute stationary! (And a fancy-pants post-it-notes-address-cover-upper.)|
- Those letters and postcards wouldn't have been written at all if it weren't for this challenge.
- I picked up a bunch of postcards, and I've been putting that off for...wait,, how long have I lived here? Two years? Jeeze Louise!
- I signed up for Postcrossing, which is also something I've been putting off for awhile. Not so much for the actual postcards though, but for the stamps. I like stamps.
- I finally started using some of the stationary I've been collecting (hoarding).
- Since my official Month of Mail ended I've written one more letter and one more postcard! That's two more that probably wouldn't have been written otherwise.
|Here's the actual letter for Rebecca and the back of the envelope.|
So...what have I been doing if it wasn't writing letters and actually finishing something that I started?
- The Mister's cousin came for a surprise, last minute visit, so that was one weekend of driving and sightseeing.
- The continuing job hunt, which finally ended this week! Woo hoo! No more cover letters!
- Dinosaurs! I've actually been there twice now, and my pictures from the second visit came out much better than the first time! There are even a few decent ones of me, which hardly ever happens.
- The never-ending cross stitching project. It's a Christmas gift for someone special and it's pretty big, so it's taking for-ever to do. I hope it's finished for Christmas anyway...
- I've been doing a bit of other crafting of course, like some stuff for the Queen's Jubilee. I am 1/8 pure English after all, and that's not even counting the fact that Newfoundland was a British Dominion up until 1948. Really though, I just like making stuff.
- Yard sales, yard sales, and more yard sales! With a sprinkling of thrift stores for good measure. Gosh, I sure do love other people's junk!
|This one's going to Australia!|